SQL 2008 upgrade
Sam
2009-10-15 15:39:35 UTC
I am upgrading my backend from SQL 2000 to SQL 2008 with MSAccess 2003 as
frontend. So far testing has not identified any MS Access issues with the
conversion. Is anyone aware of any specific issues with MS Access? Things I
should look at or test?

Thanks,
Sam
Mary Chipman [MSFT]
2009-10-15 16:17:39 UTC
It's difficult to say without knowing more about your Access
application, but here's a couple of good resources for you to check
out:

Optimizing Microsoft Office Access Applications Linked to SQL Server

What are the main differences between Access and SQL Server?
http://sqlserver2000.databases.aspfaq.com/what-are-the-main-differences-between-access-and-sql-server.html

--Mary

Sam
Tony Toews [MVP]
2009-10-17 00:39:18 UTC
Post by Sam
I am upgrading my backend from SQL 2000 to SQL 2008 with MSAccess 2003 as
frontend. So far testing has not identified any MS Access issues with the
conversion. Is anyone aware of any specific issues with MS Access? Things I
should look at or test?
Several people have had troubles with the Merge Replication
functionality in SQL Server 2008 and Access. As always YMMV.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
For a free, convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files