Access 2007 and SQL2008 upsizing issue...
ChrisD
2008-06-24 19:58:05 UTC
I am trying to upsize an access table to SQL server 2008 using a system DSN
connection. It tells me that: The Upsizing Wizard works with Microsoft SQL
Server (Versions 6.50 SP5 or higher). Please log in to a SQL Server data
source. I have all the office updates available and this is not SQL
Express...Any thoughts on why I might be seeing this?

Thanks in advance...
a***@gmail.com

Thanks in advance...
Andy
2008-08-10 06:41:00 UTC
I tried upsizing from Access 2007 to Sql Server 2008 RC0 and also got the
same result. However, I was successful in upsizing from Access 2007 to Sql
Server 2005 Express, and also successful in importing from Access 2007 to Sql
Server 2008 RC0 using the SQl 2008 Import utility.

Sounds like you'll have to wait for a SP for Access 2007, so that it knows
how to look for SQL 2008 databases.