Access 2003 and SQL 2005
DB
2009-05-08 20:01:02 UTC
I am trying to build a project with Access 2003 connected to a 2005 version
of SQLExpress.
Every time I try to create a table I get a warning about a newer version of
SQL than Access 2003 was designed for. Access 2003 wants me to use a 2000
version of SQL or get a Service Pack for Office to get it to work.
After I clear that message I can design a table but it will not save. I get
an "Invalid Object Name" Error message.
Any solutions? All service packs and patches to Office 2003 have been
installed.
The 2005 SQLExpress version is 09.00.4035.

Thanks
Darrin
Alex Dybenko
2009-05-09 04:55:17 UTC
you can consider using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express to
design tables:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C243A5AE-4BD1-4E3D-94B8-5A0F62BF7796&displaylang=en
--
Best regards,
___________
Darrin
DB

Darrin
Klaus Oberdalhoff
2009-05-12 04:19:00 UTC
Post by DB
will this automatically fix the proplems by updating my system
NO
Post by DB
or just allow me to make the tables through the Management interface?
YES

just allow me to make the tables through the Management interface?

mfg

Klaus