Connection failed error during upsizing odf an Access databse to SQl Server Express database
Athena
2007-11-08 21:07:40 UTC
Hello,

In order to utilize an Access database as SQL Server (Express) database
I used Upsize wizard with (Local) SQL server and Trusted Connection. After
some
wait I get the following error:

Connection failed:
SQL State:'01000'
SQL error Error:2
[Microsoft][ODBC Server Driver][Shared
Memory]ConnectionOpen(Connect())
Connection Failed:
SQL State:'08001'
SQL server Error:17
[Microsoft][ODBC Server Driver][Shared Memory]SQL Server does not
exist or access is denied

Under VS2008 I can connect to Northwind SQLServer Express database and
manipulate the data OK. So what can I do? Thank you.

Athena
lousaint
Athena
lousaint
2007-11-25 16:10:00 UTC
Have you received any help on this one? I'm having the same problem, same
error. Tried to download SSMA for Access but Windows Installer crashes. I
posted the problem today. I'm stumped.