Sql Newbie
Ripper
2008-09-09 14:55:01 UTC
I am an intermediate Access user. I can do most of the stuff that needs be
done with little help. I am running into some problems with my Access MDB as
I am bouncing off the maximum user limit and need to conver t o SQL for some
more security.

I used the upsizing wizard and created the SQL backend with little trouble.
I then created the ODBC with little trouble. I even connected the ODBC via
file DSN to the database without trouble. However, when the time came to run
the darn thing, nothing works like it used to. I get an ODBC Call Fail
#8120 on a query that used to work fine.

SELECT qryDaysAdvance.TheDate, Count(*) AS NumOf
FROM tblIssIn, qryDaysAdvance
WHERE (((qryDaysAdvance.TheDate) Between [StartDate] And [EndDate]))
GROUP BY qryDaysAdvance.TheDate
ORDER BY qryDaysAdvance.TheDate;

Every time I open the database I can't see the information in the tables due
to an error that says Select permission denied on object XXX, database
PHSBack, owner gs (#229)
I could see the tables the first time I connected, but after closing and
restarting I can't.

Since I can't see my tables, none of the forms work or reports either for
that matter. I guess I need a little instruction on how to connect to SQL
Correctly. Anyone willing to help a newbie? IF so, what information do you
need?
--
Thanks As Always
Rip
Alex Dybenko
2008-09-09 15:07:04 UTC
as I understand - you need to set Select permissions on tblIssIn and
qryDaysAdvance for users or group under which your connect to sql server
--
Best regards,
___________
Rip
Ripper
2008-09-09 15:29:01 UTC
That is what I am talking about. I don't know how to do that stuff. How do
I set those permissions?
--
Thanks As Always
Rip
Hi,
Rip
Alex Dybenko
2008-09-10 14:12:42 UTC
you need to open SQL server enterprise manager, open required object and
then set permissions.

here you can download one if you have express version:
Best regards,
___________
Alex Dybenko (MVP)
http://accessblog.net
http://www.PointLtd.com
Post by Ripper
That is what I am talking about. I don't know how to do that stuff. How do
I set those permissions?
--
Thanks As Always
Rip