Some subforms work some don't
Mark Annett
2009-12-04 15:23:01 UTC
I just ran the migration assistant with no errors on my 2003 database. I
only converted and linked the tables.

In my database, I make extensive use of subforms, with master/child
relationships. Can anybody tell me some reasons why some of my subforms
would work (i.e. I can add new records) and others wouldn't?

In my front-end, I can't see any difference between the ones that work and
the ones that don't. It doesn't seem to make sense.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what I should be checking?
--
Mark Annett
ISPManSys.com
Gina Whipp
2009-12-05 02:21:38 UTC
Mark,

Can you edit the recordSource of your subforms? I am sure that is where the
problems lie.
--
Gina Whipp

II

ISPManSys.com
Mark Annett
2009-12-05 03:03:01 UTC
Thanks Gina,

I just tested rebuilding some of the queries for some of my subforms,
without changing anything else and now they work.

It made no sense. I guess when I rebuild the query it re-establishes
everything. I am glad that was all I needed to do. Hopefully the rest of
the conversion wil be that easy. :)

Thanks for the help.

-Mark-
--
Mark Annett
ISPManSys.com
.
Gina Whipp
2009-12-05 04:12:07 UTC
Mark,

No problem... I had it happen to me and I still don't know why, glad that
tip came in handy!
--
Gina Whipp

II