Access 2007 and SQL Server 2008
Nigel Vandyk
2008-01-12 23:30:55 UTC
We had a problem that Access 2003 could not produce an Access Project with
SQL Server 2005.

Does anyone know if Access 2007 is going to suffer the same fate for SQL
Server 2008? ie are we stuck with 2005 until the next version of Access?
--
With best wishes

Nigel Vandyk
unknown
2008-01-13 00:48:11 UTC
There is no real problem using Access 2003 Project (ADP) against SQL-Server
2005, all you have to do is to create the tables/views/sp and functions
using the regular GUI of SQL-Server 2005. Even in the case of SQL-Server
2000, you cannot use the Access interface for editing some advanced features
like triggers; so not to be able to use the Access interface for designing
the database on the server is not a big deal.
--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Technologies Virtual-PC