linking Access Forms to SQL Views
Titlepusher
2009-05-06 21:17:02 UTC
I am trying to upsize a db to Front end Access Back end SQL. I am playing
with the options in the wizard.. I have done the option of linking sql
tables to access db and the option of creating a new db. I want to make
sure that the heavy processing takes place on the server. I have figured
out how to creat a View in sql, but I cannot figure out how to link a form to
a view. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you, Todd
Armen Stein
2009-05-07 04:09:51 UTC
On Wed, 6 May 2009 14:17:02 -0700, Titlepusher
Post by Titlepusher
I am trying to upsize a db to Front end Access Back end SQL. I am playing
with the options in the wizard.. I have done the option of linking sql
tables to access db and the option of creating a new db. I want to make
sure that the heavy processing takes place on the server. I have figured
out how to creat a View in sql, but I cannot figure out how to link a form to
a view. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you, Todd
Hi Todd,

You don't link a Form directly to a View. Instead, use Linked Table
Manager to link to the View in SQL Server. It will look just like a
linked table - Access treats them the same.

Then use that linked table (actually the view) for your form.

Also, I've written a slideshow on techniques for using Access as a
client-server front-end to SQL Server databases. It's called "Best of
Both Worlds" at www.JStreetTech.com/Downloads.

Hope this helps,

Armen Stein
Microsoft Access MVP