Database conversion - Access 97 to SQL server 2000
Hasi
2008-10-16 15:57:00 UTC
Hi Guys,

Can anyone advice on this:

I am trying to convert Access 97 to SQL server using Upsizing tool. But I am
having lots of issues while converting. Any recommedations, and simple way?

Please advice, any help is appreciated.

thanks,
Hasi
Jeff Boyce
2008-10-17 16:39:34 UTC
You'll find folks here are better able to offer specific suggestions if you
provide specific instances ... "lots of issues" doesn't give us much to go
on.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP
Hi Guys,
Hasi
d***@epsomdotcomdotau
2008-11-04 13:13:08 UTC
I don't know what version of the upsizing tool you are using.
The upsizing tool that came with A97 does not work because
the SQL Server version number went from 7.5 to 2000,
which was too big a jump. If you have the source code
version of the A97 wizard, you can correct that problem.

Apart from that,
http://www.ssw.com.au/ssw/UpsizingPRO/

Will show you what data errors are causing the upsizing
tool to fail.

There is a free/demo version.

If you only plan to do this once, get the free demo version,
and use it to learn about the kind of things you have to
fix. Once you have worked out what kind of things
are causing the upsizing tool fail (like boolean fields
in your primary key, or bad date values), you may be
able to find them your self.

(david)
Hi Guys,