A2SS0024: Table does not have a primary key or unique index and therefore cannot be edited from within Access.
Nick
2009-05-12 16:06:16 UTC
A2SS0024: Table does not have a primary key or unique index and therefore
cannot be edited from within Access.

I get this message from SSMA for some tables in my mdb. The end result is
that these tables are not upsized. Odd thing is other tables with the exact
same columns are upsized without error. Typically, a timestamp column is
append to the table. How do I upsize tables when message A2SS0024 occurs?
Tony Toews [MVP]
2009-05-13 03:45:19 UTC
Post by Nick
A2SS0024: Table does not have a primary key or unique index and therefore
cannot be edited from within Access.
I get this message from SSMA for some tables in my mdb. The end result is
that these tables are not upsized. Odd thing is other tables with the exact
same columns are upsized without error.
But do those tables have a primary key? Go into the tables design
view and poke about. See if you can see the key symbol beside a
field, etc, etc.

For example there may very well be an autonumber field but maybe it
isn't a primary key. For whatever reason lost in the mists of
history.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Nick
2009-05-13 15:10:38 UTC
Thank you for your help.

The only difference between the table definitions for the ones that SSMA did
upsized without error is that they are all linked tables. The upsized linked
tables are stored in another mdb. I will try moving the tables that are in
error and linking them to test.
Tony Toews [MVP]
2009-05-13 21:29:22 UTC
Post by Nick
Thank you for your help.
The only difference between the table definitions for the ones that SSMA did
upsized without error is that they are all linked tables. The upsized linked
tables are stored in another mdb. I will try moving the tables that are in
error and linking them to test.
Ok, that would make a lot of sense.

Tony
--