Access 2007 how to migrate Attachement Fields to MS SQL 2008
Mike
2009-09-25 13:36:01 UTC
Hello

I am wondering if anyone has successfully migrated a ms access 2007 database
including tables with attachemts fields into ms sql 2008 database ?

I've got no idea how to do that, even after searching the internet.

all suggestions are very much welcome.

best regards mike
Mary Chipman [MSFT]
2009-09-25 17:08:27 UTC
Attachments were created to have parity with a Sharepoint feature and
aren't really designed for compatibility with SQL Server. You might
want to consider breaking out the attachment fields into relational
columns before you try to migrate the back end data.

--Mary