Where did my upsized Access DB go on SQL Server 2005
Jamie
2009-08-14 21:31:01 UTC
I used the upsizing Wizard in Access to migrate a database (table structures
only) to SQL-Server 2005. The Wizard goes through the process without
warnings or errors. Then I go to the SSMS console and look under DATABASES,
but I don't see mine.

So, I go try it again, and the wizard says my database already exists and
changes the name (adds a "1" to the name), and completes without
warnings/errors.

Still, I can't see either one from SSMS. I'm obviously doing something
wrong, but can't figure it out.

Bueller? Anyone?
Sylvain Lafontaine
2009-08-15 14:40:53 UTC
Maybe you have two instances of SQL-Server installed?
--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Windows Live Platform
Bueller? Anyone?
Mary Chipman [MSFT]
2009-08-17 19:13:15 UTC
If you're in SSMS, right-click on the Databases node in the explorer
window and select Refresh. The SSMS collections don't automatically
refresh themselves in the UI when new items are added.

--Mary